Saturday, March 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox
Week Four



It's been kind of a slow week for me, I worked overtime which made it pretty much impossible to hit up the library or bookstore for some casual browsing. However, I did manage to borrow these:

Glass Houses
(The Morganville Vampires, Book One)
Rachel Caine

College should be an exciting time, but for brainy 16-year-old Claire Danvers that's too mild a word. Due to advanced placement, Claire can start college early, but her parents refuse to allow her to go to the distant Ivy League school of her dreams. She goes to Texas Prairie University where she is tormented by the popular girls—but that's the least of her worries. Morganville, home of the university, is also home to vampires and vampire hunters. Claire finds protection from the horrors of the town in the Glass House with three fellow outcasts, Goth girl Eve, rebellious Shane, and Michael, who disappears during the day. Claire falls for Shane and would do anything to protect her friends, including facing down bloodthirsty vampires and dangerous bikers. (from bn.com)


The Dead Girl's Dance
(The Morganville Vampires, Book Two)
Rachel Caine

Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose.


Because of my crazy schedule this week I was only able to get Glass Houses reviewed (which you can read here). However, I've finished You Are So Undead to Me last night and the review for that should be up later tonight.

In My Mailbox is an awesome meme hosted over at The Story Siren. Go check it out (and if you found your way here, feel free to click that 'follow' button your right to make my dad).

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Oo, those two books both look really good. I've never read them though, but I hope you really like them.

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I LOVE this series! I still need to read book 7, but Shane is one of my favorite book crushes :)

Christina / Book Addict said...

I really need to read this series....everyone seems to love it! I hope you enjoy your books this week!

Alexia561 said...

Love Rachel Caine, but could never get into this series. Hope you like it better than I did! Enjoy!

Maria said...

Enjoy your books! I have yet to read that series :)

A.J. said...

This is a series I'm interested in reading. :3

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I want to read this series! Enjoy!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Super reads! I am loving these covers! :) You should come join the Monday what are you reading meme so I can see when you read these and what you think. LOL :)